Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Save Wilson/ Adapt CNY New Years Eve

I'm back from the dead after my busy season and should be back to regular posting pretty quickly.

I attended the Save Wilson/ Adapt CNY New Years Eve bash at the Hotel Syracuse on Sunday night. The event was held in the Ballroom and Lobby of the soon to be refurbished Hotel Syracuse. The event turned out to be spectacular. The theme was the 20's and a good half of the attendees dressed for the occasion. Not to make this sound like the social notebook but the event was a smashing success at least from a party standpoint. I am unsure how much money was actually raised between the ticket sales and silent auction but from the attendance it looked to be quite a success. The silent auction offered one really unique piece which was a slice of the wall with some original graffiti on it (I unfortunately lost the bidding on this) as well as some wine, a biplane ride, and some other great items. The event also featured a running slide show of the progress of the Wilson building so far and lists of names of who has helped out on the project. Overall, if nothing else, the event got the Wilson Building Project out on the forefront of people's minds. I really hope this becomes an annual event and not just a one time thing. I will be first in line next year when/if tickets go on sale.

UPDATE: I don't know the profits but the gate for the event was: $25,000.00 for tickets and $5750.00 for Silent Auction

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home